Halloween is not one of favorite holidays.
For one thing I’m an introvert, so generally I don’t like to draw attention to myself. For another, I suck at coming up with good costumes. By way of example, take a gander at the photo to the right, taken a few years ago at one of the rare Halloween parties at which I’ve made an appearance (I’m not sure what was smeared on the camera lens). I’m dressed as a . . . Mormon missionary (not shown in the photo is my backpack, Book of Mormon, and bicycle helmet).
So yeah, I suck at Halloween.
But some people love Halloween, and at Dave Knows Portland we aim to please. So below I have assembled a handful of events and resources for Halloween events in Portland (I’ll update the list throughout the week as more appear):
- Portland Halloween Parties, Events, Costumes, Contests – PDX Pipeline
- Weekend picks, Halloween edition – qPDX.com
- Spotlight: Portland’s Best Trick or Treat Neighborhoods & Halloween Weekend Happenings – Portland On The Cheap
- Free Events in Portland: October 29-31 – Around the Sun
- Halloween Party at Hall of Records! (October 30)
- Horror Happening Calendar – The Shadow Over Portland
- Night of the Living Ales – Dave Knows Portland
- Halloween at the Oregon Zoo – Dave Knows Portland
- Cort and Fatboy Present The Walking Dead – Dave Knows Portland