Kick Ass Oregon History is the latest series of podcasts from the enthusiastic historians behind ORHistory.com.
The newest episode has dropped:
Chinatown Special Edition Part 1, In which we learn that Portland’s Historic Chinatown was once a hive of scum and villainy.
The previous episodes:
- Kick Ass Oregon History Vol 1 #1: The Roseburg Blast – The city of Roseburg goes up in smoke
- Kick Ass Oregon History Vol 1 #2: The Eggs! – 1942 poisoning at the Oregon State Hospital for the Insane
- Kick Ass Oregon History Vol 1 #3: Balloon Bombs!
- Kick Ass Oregon History Vol 2 #1: Bobbie The Wonder Dog
- Kick Ass Oregon History Vol 2 #2: Treasures of Oregon – Portland Edition
The brains behind this project are the crack hustlers of Oregon History Doug Kenck-Crispin and Andy Lindberg. Doug is a graduate student studying Public History and Pacific Northwest History at PSU, and Andy, though a Portland native, is currently working as an actor in New York City. Doug does most of the research and writing for the podcasts with input from Andy, who voices the broadcasts with a thespian’s flair.
With the Kick Ass Oregon History podcast they plan to cover just the good stuff: Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll and Earth Shattering, Devastating Destruction.
Ultimately, our goal is to take Oregon History out of the hallowed halls of the academy, get folks excited and enthused about this shared history, and get them out into the state, digging it and experiencing it. Get them to embrace it, and get their boots muddy in the process. It’s all OUR History; nobody owns it.