Hard to believe, but the Timbers are undefeated in league play at Jeld-Wen field since April 7 – with two wins and two draws. Despite the team’s often miserable play this season (the defense has occasionally been remarkable, but on offense the Timbers have yet to find anything that works), they’ve only lost twice at home in 2012. It would be in the team’s best interest (well, John Spencer’s at least) to play their best match of the season this afternoon.
Draws all around so far this year in the Cascadia Cup competition – a win in this match for either team puts them in the cup lead. The Timbers are coming off a frustrating loss to the LA Galaxy last weekend, while a possibly tired Seattle got spanked last week 4-1 in Montreal, and drew with KC 1-1 on Wednesday.
Match previews and intrigue
- Portland’s Fucito eager for first crack at former club Seattle by Dan Itel at MLSSoccer.com
- Boyd’s Old Firm time makes him no stranger to derby day by Dan Itel at MLSSoccer.com
- Strong’s Notes: Throw Out the Record Books . . . by John Strong at PortlandTimbers.com
- no mo fo the show . . . at the axe
- Timbers Versus Sounders: Northwest Neighbors Square Off by Brenaldo at Timberlandia
- Cascadia Cup Preview: How Portland can Win by Ryan Gates at Stumptown Footy
- Pre-Funk by ╭∩╮（︶︿︶）╭∩╮ at Mental and Green
- Portland Timbers v Seattle Sounders – Preview at #RCTID
- Behind the Axe: It’s rivalry week for the Timbers by Kip Kesgard at OregonLive.com
- Timbers, Sounders need big production by Paul Danzer at The Columbian
- Portland, Seattle rivaly intensified by Ives Galarcep at Fox Sports