In another sign of spring, Saturday Market opens this weekend. Your MLS-champ Timbers kick off the 2016 season, and Barleywines and SE Portland art round out a solid weekend.
Come join us for the big, crazy beers at this year’s Barleywine Festival at the Quimby Beer Hall on Friday and Saturday, March 4th and 5th, noon to 10 p.m. both days. An event glass and four tokens are just $15 and extra tickets are $2 each for a four ounce pour. We have over 50 different beers. We will have about 25 on tap at any one time so you might want to make this a two day event.
PSM will feature:
- Instagram Contest “Why I love handmade” Post pictures of products purchased from PSM. Win a $25 gift card. Stay connected socially with #handmade happiness
- Five give-a-ways of $25 gift cards per day
- Main Stage entertainment is serving up local music with the likes of The Talbott Brother and Cardboard Songsters
- Kids’ Korner featuring Amazama Circus Arts Team will teach kids to juggle, balance things and much more
- Flamebuoyant’s Circus entertainers will meander Saturday with their stilt walkers, jugglers and musicians.
- 21 Food Carts featuring original recipes of local favorites like Angelina’s Greek Cuizina -chicken gyro, Jalisco’s vegetarian burrito and Tim’s Thai chicken satay with peanut sauce.
- 250+ talented artisans selling their original handcrafted wares.
- PSM is a FREE event and open to all ages. Come discover the best of PDX in one place.
Nearly 70 artists will provide a blaze of colors, shapes, textures, and visual stimuli in SE Portland neighborhoods for the annual SE Area ARTWalk on Saturday and Sunday, the first weekend of March. The ARTWalk map area includes the boundaries of SE 9th Ave to SE 41st and SE Powell to SE Hawthorne Blvd. Artists show in their own creative space or are hosted by local residents and businesses allowing you to visit indoor locations on the free, self-guided tour. The SE Area ARTWalk is a community-building event that has strengthened the connection between businesses, artists, and neighbors.
Oh yeah, and we’ll be celebrating winning the 2015 MLS Cup!
The celebration will include:
- The official 2015 MLS Cup Championship banner unveiling, with the help of Timber Jim and Timber Joey
- A commemorative MLS Cup Championship pennant giveaway for the first 7,500 supporters into Providence Park
- MLS Cup trophy display and photo opportunity at the matchv
- A large-scale banner and flag display on the Providence Park pitch pre-game
- As is tradition, the Timbers Army will sing the national anthem