On January 27, 2007 the Portland Aerial Tram opened to the public.
Celebrate the tram’s 5th birthday, this Saturday, January 28, 2012, at the “behind the scenes” celebration – according to the The Oregonian Hard Drive column:
On Saturday (not Friday), the OHSU Center for Health and Healing will hold a “behind the scenes” celebration from 1 to 3 p.m. featuring:
• Tours of the Tram engineering room and control tower with the operations team.
• A local art and photography exhibit of the Tram.
• Information on hiking and biking routes from the Tram’s Upper and Lower Towers.
• Information about development in the South Waterfront District.
• Information about “Get to Know Your Tram Month,” scheduled for June 2012.
Read the rest of the column and visit the Portland Aerial Tram Facebook page for more details.
Photo credit: Tram photo by Wikipedia user Cacophony. Used under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 Generic license.
Leave a Reply