Here are some tips to help you get the most out of the best Fall festival in town, the Portland Polish Festival.
- Bring cash! The longest line at the fest is the ATM line. Pay cash for the $1 tokens to buy drinks and food.
- Take MAX! Get off at the Overlook stop on the Yellow Line and walk 2 blocks up Interstate. You don’t want to have to drive or ride your bike after a few Black Bosses (see second to last tip below)
- Stay late Saturday night! The street dance from 7:30-10pm is the most fun you’ll ever have in a parking lot listening to the Polka Beats!
- Go for the combo plate and the placki! Enough pierogis, gołąbki, kiełbasa, bigos, and potato pancakes for a small village; share with a friend!
- Beware the Black Boss! Delicious but strong (9.4% strong!)
- Post-Fest: The Alibi – literally stumbling distance from the festival; one block up Interstate.