The teams face again in Portland on October 4th at 4pm at PGE Park in the second leg. Buy your tickets now!
The surprising Whitecaps, the 7th seed, upended the 2nd seeded Carolina Railhawks in the first round. Inexplicably Carolina left three top scorers at home in the first leg at Vancouver, where a 72nd minute goal by the Whitecaps’ Randy Edwini-Bonsu proved the series winner; in Carolina Sunday the teams drew 0-0.
Portland opened the regular season with a 1-0 loss in Vancouver, but then defeated Vancouver twice at PGE 2-0 in May, and 1-0 in August, to clinch the team’s first ever Cascadia Cup.
For those of us not lucky enough to be traveling to Vancouver, BC for the first leg of the series, here’s where you can watch the match. Kickoff Thursday is at 7:30 pm:
- Rogue Distillery & Public House (1339 NW Flanders)
- Kells Irish Pub (112 SW 2nd) [Latest word 9/30 is that the match will not be shown at Kells]
- Cheerful Bullpen (1730 SW Taylor)
- St. John’s Theater & Pub (8203 N. Ivanhoe St).
- All Ages: Beulahland (118 NE 28th Ave)
For more information, changed venues, and new venues visit the Timbers Away Game Pub Thread on the Soccer City USA Message Board, or check out the Portland Timbers Away Games – Pub Guide at The Nerd is the Word.