The 2010 Rose City Used Book Fair takes place Friday and Saturday, June 11th and 12th at The Friendship Masonic Center (5626 NE Alameda). The fair runs from 2 to 8pm Friday, and 10am to 6pm Saturday. Admission is only $2, or $1 with a can of food for the Oregon Food Bank.
This unpretentious book fair is sponsored by the Portland Area Used Booksellers’ Association, and features thousands of books from independent booksellers from Portland and beyond. Over thirty exhibitors will be displaying and selling used books, bargain books, collectible books, prints, and ephemera. In addition experts will be on hand for appraisals, several seminars are scheduled, and there will be door prizes. The event schedule is below:
- Collecting Railroad Books and Ephemera with Robert Gavora, 3pm
- Appraisals by John Henley, 4-5pm
- Collecting Little Golden Books by Pam Parnell, 11am
- For What It’s Worth (A discussion of how to determine book values) by John Henley, 1pm
- A Study in Scarlet: Adventures in Collecting Sherlock Holmes with Jerry Margolin, 2pm
Visit the fair website for more details, including a map and list of exhibitors.
Leave a Reply