Helping you make plans to ring in 2013 since 2012 – this page will be updated throughout the week leading up to January 31st as more events are identified.
Area New Year’s Eve Events, Parties, and Celebrations
- New Year’s Eve 2012 – Where to Party! at PortlandFoodAndDrink.com
- Portland New Years Parties, Events, Information and Pictures at PDXPipeLine.com
- Radio Room (1101 NE Alberta) will be featuring no cover and live Music by the Keplers and Ramune Rocket 3 @ 9pm! on New Year’s Eve!
- The Best Ball Drops in Town according to the Portland Mercury
New Year’s Eve Fireworks
I haven’t found any Portland area New Years Eve fireworks displays. If you head up to the mountain, however, you have a couple options.
- Brrring in the New Year at Mt. Hood Meadows – Fireworks start around 10 p.m., lifts run until midnight.
- Mt Hood Skibowl’s 25th Annual New Year’s Eve Extravaganza. Skibowl West will be entertaining all day long with MC Snow Go! in the base area having comps and giving out swag and prizes. Around 11:45, the lights on the hill will be turned off and the countdown festivities will begin starting with the torchlight parade led by the Powder Hounds doing a snow bike demo, then followed by skiers and riders carrying the torches down the slopes featuring members of the Mt. Hood Race Team. Lastly, the New Year will be kicked off with world record Olympic speed skier Petr Kakes launching down the hill into the base area starting the fireworks extravaganza!
New Year’s Eve Travel
After midnight cops and drunks make up the majority of driver – take the train, bus, or a cab!
- TriMet service is free after 8 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. Buses and streetcar will run on weekday schedules, and MAX will be running extra late.
MAX Blue, Green and Yellow lines
• The last Blue Line trip to Gresham leaves Pioneer Square South at 3:07 a.m. and the last trip to Hillsboro leaves Pioneer Square North at 3:07 a.m.
• The last Yellow Line trip to Expo Center leaves Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th at 3:02 a.m. and the last trip to Downtown Portland leaves Expo Center at 2:16 a.m. A trip to Rose Quarter Transit Center and Ruby Junction/E 197th leaves Expo Center at 3:41 a.m.
• The last Green Line trip to Clackamas leaves from Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th at 3:10 a.m. and the last trip to Downtown Portland leaves Clackamas Town Center Transit Center at 1:44 a.m.
MAX Red Line
• The last trip of the night to the Portland International Airport leaves Pioneer Square South at 10:30 p.m. and the last trip of the night to Beaverton Transit Center leaves the airport at 11:49 p.m.