The Timbers have not been scoring like they did the first two games at home, which they won 4-2 and 3-2. But their defense has improved dramatically: they’ve won the last three home games with 1-0 score lines. D.C. United are one of the most storied MLS franchises, but are coming off a 2010 season they would rather forget (in which they garnered a league low 22 points). They have a respectable record so far this year, but have only played four road games (today’s will be their first and only in May), and have been giving up lots of goals (18 in ten matches).
Kick off is at 2pm today at Jeld-Wen Field. Match will be broadcast live on KPDX 49, and you can listen at AM 750 or La Pantera 940 (ESP).
Match reviews and intrigue
- Match Preview: Timbers vs. DC by Kelly McLain at Timbers Insider
- Portland Timbers vs. D.C. United Preview Questions by Geoff Gibson at Stumptown Footy
- Given new life, Charlie Davies gives life to D.C. United by Geoffrey C. Arnold at The Oregonian
- Rodney Wallace will see familiar faces when Timbers play D.C. United by Geoffrey C. Arnold at The Oregonian
- Portland Timbers’ Troy Perkins to face former team by Geoffrey C. Arnold at The Oregonian
- D.C. United looks to ‘spoil the party’ at Portland Timbers’ raucous home stadium by Steven Goff at The Washington Post
- DC United ready to silence raucous Timbers crowd by Travis Clark at MLSSoccer.com
- All about the atmosphere by Craig Stouffer at the Washington Examiner
- MatchDay Preview: Timbers put home streak on the line against D.C. at MLSSoccer.com
- Scouting report: Portland away by Alex Caulfield at dcunited.com