Struggling mightily, Portland is coming off a miserable 3-1 loss (which may have been their best effort in a month) to the L.A. Galaxy last week. Undefeated (and un-tied) Sporting Kansas City, on the other hand, beat the Vancouver Whitecaps 3-1 on Wednesday. Will Kansas City be tired? Will the Timbers show up? Will they play their best game of the season? Would that even be enough?
Well at least the weather looks promising, and hell, did anyone expect the Timbers to stop the L.A. Galaxy’s fourteen game undefeated streak last season? That’s why they play the game.
Match previews and intrigue
- Scuffling Portland know they’re in for a fight against SKC by Dan Itel at MLSSoccer.com
- There Won’t Be a Fifth by Kevin Alexander at Slide Rule Pass
- Timbers Versus Sporting Kansas City: Near Worst Hosts First by Brenaldo at Timberlandia
- when you’re chewing on life’s gristle…have a whistle! at the axe
- Breaking Down Sporting KC: How to beat the unbeaten by Ryan Gates at Stumptown Footy
- Portland Timbers looking to snap skid against unbeaten Kansas City by Geoffrey Arnold at The Oregonian
- Timbers put focus on concentration by Paul Danzer at The Columbian