Portland aims to maintain form in this battle of the Western Conference cellar dwellers. After an inspiring Cascadia Cup victory over Vancouver last weekend, do the Timbers have enough in them to beat the second worst team this Friday?
Portland was embarrassed by Colorado 3-0 back in June, but neither team has been very successful this year. The Timbers, with 24 points, find themselves at the very bottom of the standings. Colorado has 26 points, and are only one spot higher. The Timbers are, however, coming off an entertaining and crucial Cascadia Cup win over Vancouver, and could string together a couple bright spots this season if they get a win tonight.
Match previews and intrigue
- Timbers Versus Colorado: Rapid Revolution by Brenaldo at Timberlandia
- Frustrated Colorado Rapids Will Look to Avoid Falling Further by Andrew Wheeler at Stumptown Footy
- Some Thoughts on Plan B at The Axe
- Portland Timbers try to achieve a first with their second consecutive victory by Geoffrey C. Arnold at The Oregonian
- Portland Timbers stand in way of desperate Colorado Rapids by Nick Groke at the Denver Post