Sometimes I find things I would like to share, but they don’t warrant their own blog post, or I don’t have the time at the moment to flesh one out. Lately I’ve been dealing with this by not posting, but I think I’ve stumbled upon a better solution. I’m a fan of Shawn Levy’s Mad About Movies blog, and every Friday he rolls out some orts:
(ort — noun; Middle English, from Middle Low German orte; a morsel left at a meal, a scrap; a Friday staple at Mad About Movies)
In the tradition of the Mad About Movies Friday Orts, I introduce the soon to be semi-regular Dave’s Rosebuds, my handpicked Portland-related orts:
- Speaking of Rosebuds, the eponymous Portland hockey team was the first US team to play for the Stanley Cup
- Best hair and industrial noise on film this weekend at the NW Film Center
- Poppy Portland band Eux Autres digs soccer
- Does this mean cyclists will stop blocking my crosswalk?
- Break out your Pendleton: next Saturday is the Plaid and Proud LumberJax opener
- Portland’s barefoot skateboarder already dresses like a lumberjack
- Former Oregonlive Blazers Blog blogger Casey Holdahl now holds official Center Court for the Blazers
I like how you used an Eraserhead image!