Again this year the East Burn (1800 E Burnside) is hosting, closing off the entire adjacent block for the festivities.
And my oh my, what saturated fat and cholesterol packed festivities they have in store, starting at noon:
- 12:00 Opening Ceremonies + Contest – The Bacon Mile (ends 5pm)
- 01:00 Live Music – TBA
- 02:00 Contest – Bacon Toss
- 03:00 Live Music – Target for Tomorrow and the Horns of Destruction
- 04:00 Contest – Bacon Eat-Off
- 05:00 Live Music – Drain
- 06:00 Bacon Dance-Off
- 07:00 Live Music – Kym Krash Band
The fest also features over two dozen Northwest vendors, two food carts, prizes, beer, vodka, raffles, professional skateboarders and more.
Last year’s Baconfest collected over 900 pounds of food for the Oregon Food Bank, and 2500 bacon lovers attended. They’re shooting for double that amount this year, according to the Facebook event page. Baconfest is 21 and over only. Bring a couple cans of food to donate. Tickets are only $5, which you can buy at the event or ahead of time at PortlandBaconFest.com