Real Salt Lake, coming off a tough loss Wednesday in the CONCACAF Champions League final, are 4-0-0 in league play on the season – currently good for 2nd place in the standings despite playing literally half the number of games of the league leading LA Galaxy. Portland is 6th in the standings with a respectable (for an expansion team) 2-3-1 record.
Of course Portland has not lost or even drawn at home yet, due to inspired team offense and just enough defense. Against Real Salt Lake, probably the best team faced in this young inaugural season, the Timbers will need to play inspired defense as well.
- It’s Time to Get Real by paulsepp at Dropping Timber
- Match Preview: Timbers vs. Salt Lake by Kelly McLain at Timbers Insider
- Real Salt Lake’s loss may be Portland Timbers’ gain by Geoffrey C. Arnold at The Oregonian
- The Best Team in Major League Soccer: Real Salt Lake [Preview] by Geoff Gibson at Stumptown Footy
- MatchDay: Portland Timbers vs. Real Salt Lake, JELD-WEN Field, Apr. 23, 2011 at PortlandTimbers.com
- Timbers MatchDay: Real Salt Lake at Timbers by Paul Danzer at The Columbian
- RSL Game Preview @ Portland at RealSaltLake.com
- RSL aims to regroup in return to MLS action by Michael C. Lewis at The Salt Lake Tribune
- Head to Head Preview: Portland Timbers – Real Salt Lake at Goal.com
- RSL tries to recover against Timbers at FOX Sports