The Portland Timbers (5-6-2) meet Sporting Kansas City (4-6-5) for the first time ever on Saturday at Jeld-Wen Field. Kickoff is at 8pm.
The Timbers have been struggling to play consistently and are coming off their worst loss of the season last week in Dallas. Kansas City, though near the bottom of the Eastern Conference standing, are in fine form lately, undefeated in the last 7 regular season matches (and last 9 including U.S. Open Cup matches).
Match previews and intrigue
- Match Preview: Timbers vs. Kansas City by Kelly McLain at Timbers Insider
- Portland Timbers vs. Sporting KC Scouting Report by Geoff Gibson at Stumptown Footy
- Changes likely as Portland Timbers try to snap winless streak by Geoffrey C. Arnold at The Oregonian
- Portland Timbers’ Jack Jewsbury will face former team Saturday by Geoffrey C. Arnold at The Oregonian
- Chemistry developing in Timbers’ middle by Geoffrey C. Arnold at The Oregonian
- Timbers open to change after lopsided loss by Stephen Alexander at the Portland Tribune
- Timbers need to put heat on opponents by Paul Danzer at The Columbian
- Timbers’ Purdy gains international experiencewww by Paul Danzer at The Columbian
- SKC’s Vermes: Portland one of year’s “biggest challenges” by Andrew Wiebe at MLSsoccer.com
- Assorted MLS News & Notes: Is Kenny Cooper headed to the bench? by Kip Kesgard at OregonLive.com
Leave a Reply