Portland is in excellent form of late, especially on the defensive end, with three shutouts in a row. Still on the cusp (at the moment, the wrong side of it) of a playoff position, a win tonight will only do them favors. San Jose are not in particularly good form (record last five: L-L-T-W-L), but are always dangerous with scorer Chris Wondolowski, who has already garnered 10 goals this season on 81 shots.
The match kicks off at 7:30pm, and will be broadcast on KPTV and estrellaTV 8.3. Listen to the game on 750 AM The Game and La Pantera 940 AM.
Match previews and intrigue
- Place your Bets: Timbers vs. Earthquakes to Jeld-Wen by Dan at Dropping Timber
- Portland Timbers vs. San Jose Earthquakes Preview; A Chat with Quake, Rattle and Goal by Geoff Gibson at Stumptown Footy
- Portland Timbers Push for the Playoffs: How they got there by Ryan Gates at Stumptown Footy
- Midweek Revenge by ╭∩╮（︶︿︶）╭∩╮ at Mental and Green
- Timbers’ Darlington Nagbe to start again against Earthquakes by Geoffrey C. Arnold at The Oregonian
- Pressure increases on Portland Timbers in game against San Jose by Geoffrey C. Arnold at The Oregonian
- San Jose Earthquakes face Portland Timbers looking to keep slim playoff hopes alive by Elliott Almond at the San Jose Mercury News
- KeyBank Match-up of the Match: Timbers Run of Form vs. Any Given Matchday in MLS by Brian Costello at PortlandTimbers.com
- Spencer likely to stick with hot hand against Quakes by Dan Itel at MLSsoccer.com
- San Jose next test in Timbers’ playoffs push by Paul Danzer at The Columbian