Eugene‘s citizens took great pleasure in welcoming the Oregon Electric Railway line from Portland on October 15, 1912 (Morning Oregonian, 15 October 1912).
Not since the Hill and Harriman forces invaded Central Oregon has there been a more important event than the opening of the Oregon Electric to Eugene . . . for it marks the passing in the Willamette Valley of the towns without competition in transportation facilities.
The interurban line endured until 1933.