The Portland Timbers (5-11-4) kick off against Chivas USA (6-8-5) at Jeld-Wen Field tonight at 8 p.m.
The match will be broadcast live on Root Sports, 750 AM The Game, and La Pantera 940 AM.
The Timbers’ 2012 season is a tale of woe. Chivas were the cellar dwellers when these teams met in April at Jeld-Wen Field – and Chivas came away with a 2-1 victory. A week and a half ago the Timbers, who are now the cellar dwellers in this equation, suffered a 1-0 loss to Chivas in LA.
Can the Timbers make a decent show of it today? Perhaps they’ll pull out a win in this match, but in my view the season is unsalvageable – let’s play the kids, and seriously, haven’t we had enough of Gavin?
Match previews and intrigue
- Timbers happy not to see Chivas’ Smith on Saturday by Dan Itel at MLSSoccer.com
- Timbers Versus Chivas USA: Six Pointer by Brenaldo at Timberlandia
- Same Goats, Different Day at The Axe
- Chivas USA: Not Much More to Say by Andrew Wheeler at Stumptown Footy
- Timbers look to summon mental toughness against Chivas USA by Geoffrey Arnold at The Oregonian
- Why We Hate Gavin at Slide Rule Pass
- John Spencer v. Gavin Wilkinson by Andrew Bower at Major League Soccer UK
- Richards could be starting for Timbers by Paul Danzer at The Columbian
- Feeling “great,” Goats’ Agudelo eyes return vs Portland by Luis Bueno at MLSSoccer.com
- Preview: Chivas USA Vs. Portland Timbers, July 28, 2012 by Matthew Hoffman at The Goat Parade
Would appreciate a link to my official blog site for Portland Timbers with the Columbian Newspaper… here is a link to my most recent blog on the match last night: http://www.columbian.com/weblogs/portland-timbers/2012/jul/29/match-analysis-timbers-nil-chivas-1/
I do in-depth match analysis after games (usually posted the day after given the amount of time it takes me to do analysis and put pen to paper) and I also post my “What To Watch For” about 1-2 days prior to the next game.
Here is a link to my twitter https://twitter.com/ChrisGluckPTFC
Thanks and best regards,