- The guys who sang the national anthem appeared to be high on something, my guess is coke. And the lead guy is not a very good singer. (The best national anthem so far this year was performed by Jeffrey Phillip Wiedlandt.)
- Stephen Jackson really is crazy. Great player though, just not last night. Think Ruben Patterson with an outside shot.
- Brandon Roy is unstoppable. You have to defend him straight up because, in any direction at any time, he can spin or twirl or step out and shoot or make the great pass. I would dread having to guard him.
- Baron Davis is unstoppable. Like a Jarret Jack with the shoulders of Karl Malone.
- Speaking of Jarret Jack, he’s my favorite Blazer. For a guard, he’s a solid (45%), if not spectacular, shooter, who tailors his game, whether his shot is falling or not, to the current needs of the team. Last night, it wasn’t falling (2-8 on the night), but he epitomized smart, unselfish play, dishing out 6 assists (most, if not all, in the second half). Other nights he epitomizes tough nosed play or hustle play; whatever the team needs. He’s also got that sour grimace that tells you he means business.
- Przybilla’s sieve-like hands were un-sieve-like last night; best game I’ve seen him play since opening night. His one assist, a beautiful give and go and give to Roy, made my day.
I’m really coming around on Jack, and he was my swing vote on (pre Oden lottery), whether or not the Blazers would ever be competitive in the PG-loaded West. Before, if his shot wasn’t dropping, it affected his game on both ends of the court.
Nowadays, I see him hustle his way out of it more often than not. I’m firmly out of the camp that we need a big $$ point guard through free agency.
Heh, yeah I love our PGs, but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I’d trade all of them for Chris Paul in a heartbeat 😉
So the Blazers are doing ok without that new guy?
Blazers are playing really well right now (5 game win streak) but otherwise are about where most folks predicted they’d be.
They’re improving with a good core of young players, which is all most fans really want and/or expect out of this season.
My hope is a championship in 2010!!!!!
Gotta give Rodriguez some props as well. During the first half push, he made some spectacular plays. When Baxter came back in, the lead started to shrink.
True, Rodriguez is a great passer, and great on the pick and roll. (I presume you mean Baron, not Baxter?)
I wish Sergio would either learn how to make a lay up, or quit trying though 😉
I’d have to vote for Zac Wylde for best Trail Blazer anthem this year, he tore the place down with his anthem thing. The anthem guy at the Jazz game on Friday almost put me to sleep. ZZZZ!!!
Seven wins in a row, baby!!!
Sorry I meant Blake, not Baxter.