There’s nothing we can do about the cold weather, but the effects can be ameliorated.
This past weekend I visited House Spirits‘ Holiday Booze Bazaar, and, the weekend before, Season’s Eatings at New Deal Distillery.
Now what’s a poor cold blogger to do with all the acquired booze? Make a warming cocktail of course! And I’ll be starting with these recipes from local blogs the next time an arctic blast™ approaches (or maybe sooner):
- John’s Tom & Jerrys from Good Stuff NW
- Wassail from Jeffrey Morgenthaler
- Hot Applejack Toddy from Cocktailia
- Hot Toddy also from Cocktailia
- The World’s Best Hot Buttered Rum from My Life on the Rocks
- Arctic Blast Glühwein from yours truly
- Winter Solstice Glühwein also my own invention!
I want to make some hot mulled cider and add some brandy. Or some other sweet booze. Though, I have a bad history with apple alcohol drinks. Like hard cider. And apple flavored vodka. Oof.
Heather – The Hot Applejack Toddy perhaps? Instead of hot water, we could add hot cider!
One of my favorite hot drinks is soon to be added to the Carlyle drink menu: hot chocolate with Branca menta.